Google+ Followers

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow by Email

Friday, September 5, 2008

Altered Puzzle Piece?

Not sure why, but a mb friend asked some girls to alter puzzle pieces for her. This is what I came up with. Gesso'd and painted it, cut out a little fairy. For the branch she is sitting on, I read a neat trick years ago in a book given to me by a friend that really got me inspired - Holly, I miss you - anyway, lay out a sheet of aluminum foil.

Cover the foil with a layer of paper towel for a rougher surface or tissue for a softer surface. Cover the foil and paper towel with Mod Podge using a foam brush. When it's dry, it's a great little moldable canvas that you can paint, ink, stamp, mold, whatever. I twisted mine up for the 3-D branch here. Super fun. Wish I could remember the name of the book to credit, but that was several moves ago :)


No comments: