Google+ Followers

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow by Email

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Advent Calendar!

I've always wanted to buy or make one of these.  A friend was setting out FIVE of them the other day and inspired me to get this one done from last year.  I'd had the naked box since then, but never wanted to tackle it.  Don't know whether to be ashamed that I had all of this stuff on hand, or proud that I didn't have to buy anything but the ornament on top to make it :)




Most days are gum or candy.

Some days are little pieces of paper to Matt, Sara and Emily to go on a treasure hunt somewhere in the house to find a little gift too big for the box.  It's been fun!  Leave links to your advent calendars if you have one - would love to see!  Melissa


22 comments:

Live 2 Create said...

This is an awesome Advent box!! So makes me wish I would have done one now. I love the colors and how you used an ornament at the top! Great job!!

Live 2 Create said...

I can't tell if my post before just didn't post or what...but I will try one more time. This is wonderful. I love how you used an ornament at the top, I love the colors, I love how you filled the boxes with candy - it's terrific!

Danielle said...

Oh wow that's one fabulous advent calendar! Great job!!

Connie Mercer said...

wow so cute!!!

Tammy said...

Awesome advent calendar. It's fun to get a little surprise every day! :)

Sylvia Blum said...

super duper cute Advent calendar!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is awesome and so much fun!

Amy Coose said...

This is awesome!!

MiaW said...

This is cute.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is soooo cute! i have this box unopened in my basement- i keep saying i am going to make this this year but I haven't --

yours is adorable!!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

This is so, so cute! :)

Jingle said...

This is so super cute!

brenda said...

Oh, my goodness - fabulous job!!

laurab said...

what a fun idea. Love how it came out.

Sarah Webb said...

Terrific! Love the mix of colours! Great way to use up those Thickers numbers too!

~Melissa~ said...

Thanks everybody!!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

so pretty and fun!

Tracy said...

This turned out beautifully. Such a keepsake.
I have 4 of the ones with the boxes surrounding a center frame that I purchased last year..I think it will be a project for next year, lol.
I think you should be proud that you didn't buy any new supplies for this project ;)

Patricia said...

Such a great advent box! Love all the colors you used!

Nirupama said...

This is so gorgeous! I love everything :)

kate blue said...

adore! love all the small OOAK touches! My daughter would LOVE this but, since she had a bad visit at the dentist today, candy is off limits!

Sue said...

wowzer this is awesome! Love it!