Google+ Followers

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow by Email

Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Wall Hanging

The month I was Guest Designer at A Cherry On Top, I selected Crate's Sleigh Ride to make some things with.  When we moved across country after DH retired from the Marines, we didn't realize it, but all of our Christmas boxes were not to be found.  So each year I try and hand-make a few things to restart a collection. I love bottle brush trees and wanted to use it along with some gifts under the tree.  I knew the picture I had in mind was Emily kissing a doll her grandmother had sent her :)  The frame came from a garage sale and was cheap, shiny gold, so I gessoed it to white wash it and used some gold metallic wash on the scrolly parts.  I love how it came out!  I've recently pulled it out and it's hanging in the living room by the wide red ribbon on top.  Thank you so much to A Cherry On Top for the products!







I would love to see what home decor projects you have made!  Please link them below so we can see :)

9 comments:

Leslie Webster said...

This is so cute..I love that picture of your dd. The 3D effect to this is so cool..very creative.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

beautiful!

Jingle said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!

Leslie Germain said...

Melissa, this is a gorgeous picture frame. SO glad you shared another of your crafty creations. I appreciate you following my blog. I would love to follow you back - where can I find this on your blog?

~Melissa~ said...

Thank you Leslie! I just added the gadget for it on the upper left. Thanks again!

Staci said...

What a beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Melissa, this is so beautiful! I love everything about it, from the sweet photo, to the dimension you added with the bottle brush. :)

Nirupama said...

I love this! Very creative and the addition of the pink bottle brush tree is just awesome.

Jessica Barnes said...

Amazing picture frame! So beautiful and a great treasure for years to come.