Google+ Followers

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow by Email

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Friends Card - Trying out Gellatos

So I finally got my hands on some Gellatos.  I've been really inspired by Debby Hughes lately.  She makes the loveliest cards.  Her blog is www.limedoodledesign.com.  I wanted to try my hand at one and love the way it turned out.  I'm definitely messier than Debby is.  Anyway, applied gesso to white cardstock then spritzed it with my new spritzer and let it drip down.  Then I embossed "Friends" and some splotches on the front in gold on vellum, sewed the vellum to the Gellatoed cardstock, and added my new feather die and some thread.

I linked this card up with Case Study Challenge #176 - go see all the pretty cards there...
Case Study 176

I would love to find more cardmakers like Debby.  Who inspires you on cards?  I need more eye candy :) Thanks for looking!



I participated in Leslie at the Memory Nest's Crafty Creation Link-Up.  Go link up your work and share with others!



15 comments:

Madeline said...

Gorgeous card! The gelato background turned out so soft and dreamy looking; love it!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Oh, Melissa! This is absolutely beautiful! So soft! So pretty and dreamy! I love it!

Jen Schow said...

Wowza! I love that background! Gorgeous!

paperlovechronicles said...

I LOVE this card!! It's absolutely beautiful!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is stunning!!! Love the background you created with the gelatos! And the gold string is to die for! LOVE it! Thanks for the sweet words on my blog as well!
Hugs!
Lisa

Paper Crafting With Angelina said...

Wow, stunning card. Love how you used the gelato! I guess I am going to have to give this product a try as well.

Lori said...

This is such a pretty card! I have never tried gelatos and I love the look. I may need to try them out! Love the gold string on here, too. Definitely going to add that to my next card!

Nirupama said...

Wow! You really did well with the gelatos. So soft and pretty!

blbabe1234 said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning work!
laura

Louise Doxey said...

Ahh,this is gorgeous! You definitely have nailed that gelato look! It's made me want to try some... :-)
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog,
Lou xx

Tanya Ham said...

Oh wow!!! I really love those feathers! I've seen them used by a few people lately, and it's making me want them!!! :) GREAT card!

Debby Hughes said...

Oh my I love your card! Seriously stunning! Oh and thanks for the shout out :) I have silver thread and I've been wanting some gold and you've just moved it to the top of my wish list with your card today!

Karen D said...

I adore your original take on the challenge Melissa. So very pretty.

Jeanne J said...

I've been curious about the gelatos too - You're a brave girl giving this a go and getting out of your comfort zone. Your background is wonderful - really gorgeous card!