Google+ Followers

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow by Email

Monday, September 5, 2016

Unbeleafable! New Issue at Paper Issues!



 Hello!  Lisa and the girls have been working to bring you another issue filled with inspiration on the Paper Issues Blog!  Lots of new layouts to see.

Here is mine where I "watercolored" with Dylusions mists and sewed on Silhouette-cut leaves.  As you probably know, Dylusions are bright and vibrant and I just love them!  I like to spray them out onto a plate and use them with my water brush, or with pieces of plastic to do the packaging technique.


I sprayed some mist onto a plate - for this layout, I used orange, red and green on the leaves.  I wet the leaves first with water from the water brush, then dabbed on some mist here and there with one color.  I rinsed the plate and went onto the next color, repeating until I was done using all three colors.


If the line where the colors join looks too harsh, blend it in with a touch of water from the water brush along the line where the colors meet.  

That's it!  Easy.  I sewed them after I attached them all to the layout because I wasn't thinking :)  It would have been easier to sew on them before attaching them to the layout, I think, but no big deal either way.

I used the new Pebbles Warm & Cozy in the store.  It has lots of pretty embellishments and papers. Lots of new things in the store here:  New Stuff.   Use Code 'Melissa' for 20% off your total purchase.

Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa





10 comments:

Tracey said...

Great colours! Love the leaves!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous layout, Melissa!! The leaves look amazing!! I love the beautiful, vibrant colors!! Absolutely stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

amarie said...

Keep repeating what I already said on IG...love your watercolored leaves

Kate - Small Bits of Paper said...

Amazing!!! Those leaves look spectacular! I have yet to give Dylusions a try but I think I should. I'm so impressed with your vibrant leaves!

Lizzyc said...

Your layout looks fabulous.. I love the washed look on the leaves, great colors and lovely photo too...

Lizzy Hill said...

WOW! Love how you gave us a little tutorial.... I have Dylusions but have never used them like this before. That is WAY COOL......love the stitching, too :):)

Michelle G said...

Those leaves really pop making a lovely colourful mat for your pretty pic.

yyam said...

Wow...those leaves are fabulous and make a great mat for your photo! Awesome layout as always Melissa! :)

blbabe1234 said...

Stunning page. LOVE the leaves and how you colored them with watered down mist.

LisaDV said...

Beautiful page. Great job on the leaves.